The Burro Hash
need volunteers - no hares no Hash!
you have a run Please contact
Aquasex(610 711 688) or
Kindergarten Kop (686 752 499).
Next Weeks Run & future events
Sunday 26th February @ 3.00pm
Hare: 5 Mil HMV
Run Directions:Please see Facebook page. Dogsy away until next Saturday
February 17th to 19th
Valencia, Costa Blanca, Madrid.
6 ½ hour drive to venue from
At the moment flights 85.00€
Accommodation prices tba.
The Hash Commandments
- The GM is always right
- When the GM is wrong, Rule 1 applies
- The RA is always right except when Rule 1 applies and there shall be no
- The RA checks on proper behaviour before, during and between runs. It is
left to the RA's discretion as to whether he/she will ignore any
transgression, give a private reprimand or make a charge. If a charge is made
a penalty will automatically follow.
- The penalty for any transgression is one down-down, except when the charge
is severe, when a penalty with shame shall apply. A penalty with shame is a
down-down taken kneeling down (or on ice if any is available).
- Beer is to be
drunk when down-downing or poured over your
own head. Excessive waste may result in a second down-down
- No Whingers!.
- With joyous heart, every Hasher will give Hash Cash 4 Euros every run.
Covers beer, water, crisps.
- Anyone having knowledge of a transgression by a fellow Hasher may make a
charge during the down-downs. A charge will always result in a penalty for
either the accused, the accuser, or both, at the discretion of the RA. Charges
from the pack can be defended, but poor defence will result in a penalty with
shame (see Rule 5).
- Intelligence is neither required or appreciated on the Hash. Thinking on
the run is a punishable offence.
- Short-cutting is allowed. Being caught short cutting is a serious offence
(see Rule 10). A short-cutter will be known as an SCB (Short Cutting Bastard).
- At more or less regular intervals, every Hasher will be asked to set a
run. Since being a Hare is a great honour, refusals are neither expected nor
accepted. If the run is passably good, the Hares will be awarded a down-down.
If the run or anything about the run is considered to be below standard for MH3, the Hares may face the great honour of the Hash-Shit
- Silent running is a punishable offence.
- Every Hasher will be given a Hash Name. They will
subsequently be known only by this Hash Name. Failure to observe this rule
will result in a charge
- The Hash has Internationally accepted forms of communication on the run:-
When ON flour shout 'On-On'. When Checking
shout 'Checking'. When calling someone back to the correct
trail shout 'On Back'. All calling must be at an
appropriately high decibel level. Hashers caught shouting 'On-On' when
sight of flour will be charged with misleading the Hash. (See Rule 23).
- All Hashers should be strongly committed to the Hash and attend gatherings
whenever possible. Irregular attendance will be noticed and charged. (i.e. two
- The Hash is a non-competitive run through the local countryside in order
to encourage a thirst for beer that should already exist. Aggressive running
is totally banned and is a punishable offence. Aggressive runners will be
called FRB's (Front Running Bastards). Persistent FRB's may be awarded a
down-down prior to a run to curb their enthusiasm.
- No crop bashing will occur during the run. Down-down with shame to the
- Stationary checking or refusal to check when so required by the RA will
undoubtedly result in a charge.
- If the cars are sighted on the run, then the run is officially over and
the Hash may proceed to the beer by the most direct route.
- Leading the Hash astray is easy. However, the perpetrator of this crime
will surely be made to suffer.
- The rules are not comprehensive and therefore rule 23 applies.
- The GM can add, delete or change, any rule, at any time. No public
announcement will be deemed necessary, however transgressions will still
result in a charge.
- The Hash is democratic and fair but will obey the GM in all matter